Benjamin also shows us his personality and independence more each day. He has ideas about things that he never communicated to us before. For example, he usually knows which pair of shoes he wants to wear in the morning. If I try to put on other ones, much crying ensues. Occasionally this also happens when I don't get the right cup for his milk. Thankfully I am learning fairly quickly and now usually ask his opinion on stuff like this before proceeding. I think I'll rename this period the "funny twos." Most days I just laugh. (Though I must admit, not all days.) It really is pretty funny all of the things that will get this boy crying!
Every day is fun and we are enjoying summer. Benjamin has been with us for six months now! His adoption announcement listed his favorite things. Here is an update:
Then: "Food (All kinds - keep it coming!)"
Now: Much pickier, but still a good eater. Benjamin loves bananas and noodles the best. He also loves cheese, and happily eats tofu right out of the package calling it cheese. (We just let him think it is cheese.)
Then: "Brown Bear book"
Now: Benjamin loves books! We love that he loves books. It is hard to say which is his favorite at the moment, but I would have to say it is either "My First Things That Go Book" or "I Love Trucks." Boy, does he ever love cars, buses and trucks.
Then: "Dancing with mom and dad to Fridge Farm banjo"
Now: Dancing and music in general. He recently got some instruments from a friend of mine (thank you Patricia and Kelly) and we have sing-alongs. He has also started singing on his own. Just one song so far. Would you believe it is Umbrella by Rhianna?? Yes, Benjamin will just be sitting playing and then sing "Ella, eh, eh, eh." Pretty funny.
Here are a couple of pictures from the month:
These are two older pictures that I never blogged:

I love the haybales pictures! His eyes are so lovely among all that blond hair and hay.
ReplyDeleteIt was SO good to see you guys. We'll have to wander down your direction soon.