As a side note, Benjamin's other favorite saying is "...right now". Just now he said, "Ben hold ostrich right now." He also says, "Ben go outside right now" or "Ben eat banana right now". Cute, yes. Polite? Not so much. We laugh a lot at this, but prefer "please."
It's halloween, and this time of year is, of course, a bit more exciting for us with a 2-year-old in the house. Benjamin loves Cookie Monster, so I decided to make him a Cookie Monster costume. I am not a big sewer, so this was a pretty big deal for me. I had fun, but realized a few days ago that if I had just bought a costume I would be a more laid-back mom that wouldn't care either way if Benjamin wore his costume or not. I REALLY wanted him to wear this one.
Benjamin's friends, Nick and Annie, invited him to a party Saturday morning. While he at first did not want to put on the costume, he was easily persuaded when we said that once he was dressed as Cookie Monster he could have a cookie. Okay, so that is bribery, but it worked. And to my delight, he wore his costume all morning! What a cute little Cookie Monster he was.
___

He's much cuter than the original cookie monster. Nice sewing skills Linda! The pictures are great, the last one is one of my favorite pics of Ben, ever! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Linda, I am humbled by your sewing prowess. Seriously. Ben looks amazing! And cozy...I picture him curled up in that amazing blue fur suit just for fun in mid-February. Or maybe I'm projecting my secret desires for a blue fur suit. Hm.
ReplyDeleteBen's awesome. Right now.
Linda it is perfect and he is a doll but do not tell him that! Love to you all, Mike and Cath
ReplyDelete