Well, today was my first test, of sorts. Mom, if you have worried at all about me being sick here in Russia, you needn’t. Nina is my other “Mom.” She arranged for the doctor visit yesterday. I never mentioned that when we were hiking in the forest Nina actually insisted that we switch boots for a while. (I didn’t really pack the right shoes for a long walk through a snowy forest.) Today she called and told Ed that she was bringing me a fur coat. She has been insisting that I must keep warm. No amount of Ed’s protests that my coat is actually quite warm would dissuade her. A half hour later she showed up with the fur coat. Ed went down to meet her in the lobby and brought it up to me. Not the luxurious, soft fur coat that I see on streets, but I gave it a try. I pulled it on. I even put the hood up around my face.
Then Ed said it. “Nina said it is made of rat fur.”
What!! I had that coat off so fast and began protesting that surely Ed must be teasing me. (He likes to tease me like this.) But looking in his eyes I knew he was serious. “Water rat fur,” he said.

Linda, Glad you are feeling better. The day you and Ed have been waiting for is finally here!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!
Jean
So exciting that this is really the day. I love your comments today and am glad to hear Nina has been so good to you both. I guess I would feel the same way about the rat fur, but if it is warm I would try to forget it. I have checked your weather a few time but sometuimes I forget about that. We are waiting for the picture of you three when he is finally yours. Love you. Stay warm. Mom
ReplyDeleteWhat happened to "Why do you think I wore my boots?!"? You are always so prepared for the snow- what happened?
ReplyDeleteAnd I didn't want to tell you, but I heard somewhere that it is the year of the rat in Russia, so the coat shouldn't have surprised you. By the way, you know the "ham" that was in that soup Ed had? Yep, you guessed it. Those rats are good for more than just rubber souvenirs!
I am so thankful you are both healthy and get to be together as a family. I can't wait to see how your first night (together) as parents go! Will be praying it is a smooth transition for Ben.
Love ya, Michelle
Oops- and a smooth transition for you guys too! :-)
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you! Enjoy! God bless Ben, Mommy, and Daddy on this 'glorious' day. Love Jan
ReplyDeleteLinda, I'm surprised that Ed didn't try to convince you that those hats were made out of rodent fur. Thank you for allowing Whiskers to live at your house a couple of years ago while we were in Florida. That must have been awful for you; I had no idea...Sorry! :-(
ReplyDeleteBring that Boy home! I can't wait to see him. I'll bet he is smarter than you are Ed! And he makes Linda Extremely gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteRobin P.