Monday, December 10, 2007

The Countdown has begun. 10...

We're just finishing up having breakfast on Tuesday morning; not your typical American continental breakfast here. My favorite part of the whole breakfast buffet is the black coffee. "It's darker than midnight on a moonless night."

(There's a Russian souvenir in our suitcase for the first person who can add a comment to our blog that can correctly identify from where that quote comes.)

Speaking of darkness, the days are noticeably shorter here. The sunrise was at about 8:45 this morning and the sun sets at 4:00 pm. Siberia is really beautiful right now. It seems like it snows just enough each day to keep the city looking fresh and white. The hoarfrost covering the trees is beautiful as well. It's a winter wonderland for sure.

We'll visit Benjamin this afternoon just as it's getting dark. We'll do our best to get some more photos of him for tonight's update.

Thanks to all for the wonderful comments and emails. This has been a fun way to keep in touch with you all from such a great distance.

Love,
Ed and Linda

8 comments:

  1. The Princess Bride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I googled it and got nothing...
    you must have come up with it on your own!
    We are gonna go with "Star Wars"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its Twin Peaks. We're having an ice storm in Lincoln today - so I'm home this morning. (I probably had a little more time to "google" than Martha.)

    Also, there seems to be a quote from Bill's favorite - The Big Lebowski: "Darker than a black steer's tookus on a moonless prairie night."

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how cold is it in Siberia? It has been very "siberian" in MN. We don't have any more snow, but it stays cold. Are Ben's cute clothes fitting him? Do you get to take him out with you or do you have to stay at the baby home? Do you think that he remembered you? I'm sure that he looks forward to seeing you now. waiting for more pictures. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think to be more accurate the line comes from "Twin Peaks" episode #1.2 (1990).
    How's the weather?

    TMNT forever,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, it looks like Jim would pick Bill for his life line if he ever gets on "who wants to be a millionaire?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kari's vote is the Ledgend of Sleepy Hollow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara gets it with her "Twin Peaks" answer. Luckily I had already bought her a little something anyway.

    ReplyDelete