
We stuck close to the hotel today and did some shopping. I ended up buying another hat. The first one was practical for the cold. This one I think was a result of all of the hat-trying-on that Ed and I did. (We’ll post some pics of that later.) I now have a Russian-style fluffy hat with ear flaps!! (It was a cheap one.) Hopefully I’ll actually wear this one in MN.
Today was a great Ben day. This afternoon we met with the head doctor of the baby home and she went through Ben’s schedule and diet with us. We feel well informed to take over.

Then we got to play with Ben. He is just waking up from his nap at 4:00 and was again pretty reserved when we first met him, but by the end of our time together he was really playful. He definitely remembered the chase game from two days ago. He started the game by looking back to be sure we were watching him, then went to the same door where I would grab him before. When we grab him we toss him up and hug him and kiss him. It is a good time to be physical and cuddle him. By the end of the night he must have done it about 20 times in a row! Every time I put him down he ran for the door again. I was getting tired! His smile and giggle make my heart melt.

Ed and Ben had a little tea party. Ben really liked sitting in the little wicker chair. The doctor said that the kids have tea parties and set the table as part of their social training, since they are not in a family learning these things. All in all we have been very impressed with the care Ben is receiving.
Ben also played with blocks and took some pretty good spills as he ran around. No crying tonight. The biggest news is that we heard Ben’s voice tonight!! Up until today he has been silent (except for giggles). Today we heard “arf arf” when he picked up a doggy, and some other babble sounds when I was holding him. Pretty cool.
Maybe it is wishful thinking, but I do think we are really starting to create a bond. When we say goodnight he makes great eye contact and seems a little sad to go. We are so excited for the day that we get to take him home with us!
What great pictures! Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I'm sure it will be easier for Ben to leave the baby home when he knows his Mom and Dad so well.
ReplyDeleteHope those Concordia boys can get over the traumatic phone experience.
I sent your blog site to the Runnings.
We love you. Keep in touch.
What a fun afternoon with Ben! I bet Solvei would love to be "the server" for Ben and Greta's Tea Party--with Russian teacakes, or course.
ReplyDeleteEd, as you know--you got trounced in your opening round FF playoff matchup. I almost made a couple of roster moves for you that may well have upgraded your team's performance to "far below average," but, alas, I refrained. Better luck next year!
Oh, I hope I can get in on a little tea party action when you get home. Sounds like a lot of fun. Ben has a beautiful smile. Thanks for the pictures.
ReplyDeleteSounds like every day is getting better. Ed-I think your mom is right. It will be an easier transition after he gets to know you better. 1 more week? Can't wait to meet him
ReplyDeleteNothing when I left this morning so have to keep checking at work. Love the pictures. I sent Linda May the blog since John sees it at work and forgot to tell Linda. Guys. We love hearing all about your adventures.
ReplyDeleteHi Ben's Parents!
ReplyDeleteJan forwarded the blog to me, The photos and stories are great. I love that Ben is already experiencing Tea Parties. It is fun sharing this experience with you two from across the globe!!! Every one here is happy for you and wishes the THREE! of you a safe Journey home.
I like your "poll" on football teams, but maybe you should add an "other" category because I'm going to do my best to make him a Husker fan! He's got some husker gear coming to him for Christmas.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this great update.
ReplyDeleteWe (Sara, Heather, Jenny, Connor and I) are going to Sioux Falls for a little shopping trip and I am going to call the hotel RIGHT NOW and make sure there's internet access. I can't get enough of the BLOG.
We are so excited for your family...and love seeing the pictures and reading about your day.
Love,
Martha
Great pictures! Sounds like your stay gets better every day. Say hi to Ben for me.
ReplyDeletePoor Bears, looks like Ben is going to be wearing purple on Sundays.
I think a great Christmas gift for Ben would be a half-Bears/half-Vikings Adrian Peterson jersey. I'm gonna get workin' on that . . .
ReplyDeleteActually, I fear that Ben might split your respective loyalties down the middle and become a Cheesehead. *GASP!*
What cute pictures of Ben. His smile says, "I want to be a Minnesotan now... I love the cold, and I can make one mean snowman!"
ReplyDeleteI think Ben prove to be wise beyond his years and will wait for the outcome of Monday night's game before declaring allegiance to any team.
Ed, sorry about your Fantasy squad. Plenty of time to prep for next year's draft though huh?
I'm up for Ben wearing Red on Saturdays (go Huskers) and purple on Sundays (go Vikes). I've indoctrinated my children, what's to stop you?
ReplyDeleteSorry, too, Ed about the Pigskin picks. I am pleased, however, that I'm no longer in last place. Two consecutive years now that I've been so fortunate.
Ben is such a happy and good looking little fella. I can't wait for Leo to teach him about rocket ships (aka paper airplanes), burping and all kinds of other "all boy" goodies.