Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Quick Explanation

So I actually started this blog before we ever knew who Benjamin was. Bart, our dog, was on my mind at the time I guess, so I used him as the mascot for this blog. I pretty much forgot about this blog until we got over here and decided to give it a try again.

Boy am I glad we did. Not only are we documenting our story here a little bit, but we are staying in touch with our wonderful friends and family back in the States. The first thing we do every morning is run down to the lobby to check for new comments and emails. Boy were we disappointed to see that we shut that function off last night.

You may have noticed the video of Bart jumping off the dock. Maybe someday we'll teach Benjamin to do the same thing, except he'll probably be jumping into our arms instead of swimming back to shore with a stick in his mouth.

We'll post Wednesday's adventures later today. I think our representative is going to take us to some college town in the Siberian forest. I think it's about a half hour from Novosibirsk by train. And of course we'll be visiting Benjamin again too.

Ed

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Family picture. You look perfect together. Don't be too sure that Bart won't be trying to teach Ben a few of his tricks; bet they're going to be good buddies. It's so nice reading about your adventures. ...jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice little day you've got planned for yourselves. I don't s'pose they got home depot or bed, bath, and beyond over in Siberia. That is, if you had time for those things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, reinstated priveleges! Excellent! I must say, it's great to stay in touch with you via this blog. That video is fantastic. Solvei played it four times and Greta was mesmerized by Ben. I think she may have a crush developing.

    Keep in mind, I am, by choice, "Siberian Special Forces" dude in your Bond game (that's the one game I won't let Solvei play, but she is quickly becoming a power player in Mario Kart). Keep an eye out for me when you are out-and-about there. I'll be the guy lying on the ground with nary a weapon in my reach--or else I'll be the guy behind you saying, "Feel the wrath of my SLAPPERS!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a great day. I am going to bed and when I get up I will be checking to see what you did today. This is really fun. Hope you are haveing a good time too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me add my voice to the ringing chorus of people saying how awesome this blog is! Can't wait to start secretly corrupting Benjamin when he gets here.

    You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you two!!! Love the blog and love that we get to experience a little bit of your journey to get Ben. I was so happy to hear that you are IN Russia and you are parents. CONGRATULATIONS!!! We couldn't be happier for you all. Love Ben's laugh by the way. He's a cutie-patootie.

    (((HUGS))) from the Nelson Family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey guys we are really exited for you. Just found out you were over in Russia today. Sweet Blog See you soon

    ReplyDelete