Tuesday, December 18, 2007

We Miss You Benjamin

No Benjamin today either. That has got us both feeling a little foul. The Dr. at the baby home decided that we couldn't see him today, so even though Linda is feeling fine, here we sit at the hotel. They have to be very careful at the baby home about these types of things, but that doesn't make us feel any better. We're told we'll get to see him tomorrow. I feel like a kid waiting to open my Christmas presents on Christmas Eve. I've seen them there for weeks and I just want to have them.

We don't have much control right now. The judge decided we had to wait 10 days. Now the Dr. can decide if we get to take him out of the baby home before the 10 days are up. Either way, no paperwork will process until Friday, and we are hoping for the 1-day turn-around so we can head to Moscow!!

We're pretty tired of the hotel. I suppose we would be a little "stir crazy" at almost any hotel for two straight days. Linda was asked to not leave the hotel. I shouldn't complain though. They have everything we need here. Mostly I need beer.

I just took a long walk around the city. I stopped into a few shops, mainly just to warm up a little. I found some restaurants I hadn't seen before so maybe we'll stop by one of those tonight. We think the fresh air will be just fine. The cold air over here forces you to step quickly, which gets the blood pumping, which seems like a perfectly healthy thing to be doing at this point.

And now for some random thoughts...

There's a souvenir in our bag for the first person to correctly identify this picture. I'm thinking this might be a little harder to "Google" than my last question. Oh, and Sara, you can't win since you won the last prize.

Russian pop music is terrible. Google "Moscow Never Sleeps" and you'll know what I mean. We watch the music video channel in our room because that's the only channel that ever has any English on it. Of course American pop music is pretty awful too, but you don't have to Google Britney Spears to know that.

If you read our blog today, post a comment. Even if it's just to say "Hi." We're really curious to know how many people are reading, so think of this request as something similar to signing a guest book.

Hopefully we will have Benjamin with us tomorrow. We look forward to posting some photos of him in a different setting.

21 comments:

  1. Linda, Ed.

    I can not imagine how hard today was. Not being able to see Ben again. I will pray that Your first family vacation is Christmas in Moscow! How neat would that be. (if you can't be here)
    I have been sharing the blog with everyone here at the bookstore, and they all send their best wishes. They love the pictures and story of your journey.

    Oh, I think I heard that the Vikings won last night! Sorry Linda, I was suprised when I heard that this morning as they were loosing and the Bears were playing well when I went to bed.

    Take care of your selves,
    Jean



    Hi Ed & Linda

    We're thinking about you and looking forward to seeing you soon.
    Hurry home with Ben!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ed and Linda,
    Checking the blog every day (actually--just about every hour!) We love the pictures and stories...keep 'em coming. We are sorry that you are missing Ben today. We pray that he will be with you SOON and learning Russian Pop music with you in no time.
    Love,
    The Hansons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ed & Linda,
    This is the best blog ever. I'm sorry about two days with no Ben, but tomorrow will be here soon.

    The photo is the entrance to the Ministry of Magic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda and Ed

    Sorry to hear you weren't able to go to see Ben again but I do hope you are feeling better. I'm sure Ben misses you too. We love your blog. It seems like we are there with you. All the pictures have been great. I print it out every day for Dad and I'm getting quite a collection since I sometimes forget to only print the current page. Well it's good for the scrapbook. Take care and keep blogging. Luv ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda & Ed,

    I am sorry about the last couple of days. We certainly can relate, since there was one day that we could not get there as well and it is very frustrating. Glad to hear that Linda is feeling better! Just remember the days are near, when this will only be a memory and the three of you will be back in Minnesota! =) I look forward to checking the blog every day. It is fun following your days. Sure wish we had thought to do that. It helps us at home who are very anxious to see you guys at least be able to hear what you are doing. Hope you guys are having a better day today! Love you lots, Jim, Kathy =), Alexa, Alex & Mia
    Jim has a cold too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you guys, Linda I hope you are feeling much better today. So sorry to hear you missed another day without Ben. I'm sure he is missing you too. Soon he'll get to see you everyday though. :) So cool to think about that!!! Keep your spirits up. Love seeing all the pictures. What an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear abouth the delay in seeing Ben. Michelle and I have been reading the blog every day. Hang in there. You'll be home in no time.

    See ya soon

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi.

    So sorry you've been sick.

    But now for more important priorities, I'm even more sorry for Linda's seriously pathetic Bears, who literally gave the game to the Vikes. At least Ben will be a Vikings fan, according to the latest polls. But I do predict he'll pretend to like the Bears too, to make his mom happy.

    I'm going to guess that the photo is of the local Taco Bell. I mean, they have one, right? Even Paynesville used to have one... so do I win the prize?

    With all kidding aside, know that we are praying for you and thinking of you all the time throughout these days. And I have stayed in a Russian "hotel" so I empathize... I only had to stay there 2 nights, though, so you get the prize... and I'd say Ben's a pretty good prize, so hang in there. :-)

    Love you much, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ed & Linda

    Benjamin looks like such a sweet boy!
    Looking forward to meeting him when you get home and all settled in!

    Liz, Jon & Sam Leino

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ed, Hi Linda.
    Sorry. It sure hasn't been an easy process for you guys. I think it would be fun for you to know just how many people are following journey either by accessing your blog or by having the news passed on to them. I'm sure you might be surprised just how many! It is a wonderful story and end of this chapter is just a few days away. Then the "good stuff" starts! My gang says Hi. ...Love Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Ed and Linda,

    Been reading your blog everyday! It's been great to see your pictures and hear your stories. Hope you are feeling better, Linda! We will see you all soon!

    The building is the West Entrance to Gorsky Petropavlovskaya.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ed and Linda, Looks like I am not the only one who has been sharing your blog with others. I wonder how many people have actually checked in. We are in Mpls at the U of M hosp. Test went pretty well this am. Have to go back after lunch and see the doc. I'm on Bill's computer.

    Hopefully you are sleeping now and tomorrow will be a better day. We LOVE all the pictures and commentary. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi ed and linda- heidi bauman here ( heidi weisenberger from the good old cobber days). tricia told me about your blog- of course i stole their user name and password so i can take a peak. your little guy couldn't be cuter! i am so excited for you guys! it makes me so sad you are there and you can't be with him! good luck and hopefully the doctor gives you the go ahead soon! god bless! heidi

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is REALLY a Christopherson. I can't believe Heidi stole our identity.
    Not fair! Not Fair! Not Fair that you haven't seen Ben. We are anxiously awaiting the news that you guys have little Ben in your arms. As someone said, you will be on the other side of this so soon and you will have a good laugh at your hotel stay in Russia. We will miss you tonight, Linda, at the book club gathering. But at the time we are meeting you'll be getting up, ready for the day that you get to take Ben with you (fingers crossed).

    We love you guys and honestly can't wait to visit you three and watch Greta plow Ben over (she will, you know).

    Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, how about another Christopherson entry. I'm not an imposter either. In fact, I've been a Christopherson longer than any of the 'christophersons' posters here.

    Sorry to hear about Bones McCoy's decision to keep you from Ben. Send Spock after him--setting his phaser to stun, of course. Why did I just write that? I'm not a trekkie! Anywho... I sure hope you are able to see him tomorrow. Friday isn't too far away!

    The picture is obvious. It's the Pro Football Hall of Fame in the nearby town of Canton, Russia.

    I have to share a quick Solvei story with you (which Tricia just shared with me). As you may or may not know, Solvei has a HUGE problem saying, "Thank you." (parent hangs his head in shame as he types). Not exactly sure all of the reasons wrapped up in this fear, but a part of it is the loathing of the appreciative reaction she would get from the person she says it to. She doesn't like to be complimented; she doesn't like attention when she's not "asking" for it, and saying 'Thank You' may well bring that on. I know. Weird! So, on the heels of renaming a November Holiday "Banksgiving" because she can't get herself to say "THANKSgiving"...yes, IT'S TRUE!!!...Solvei found herself with a certain word in her head after watching "Beauty and The Beast" with my mom. She would walk around saying, "Merci....merci....merci." Then she asked Tricia, "Mommy--what does 'merci' mean?" Tricia replies, "It means 'Thank You'." Solvei retorts,
    "....*PFFT*...Well!....I guess I won't be saying THAT anymore!"

    -Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Hats! Linda: Hope you feel better soon...maybe there is a Russian Chicken Noodle Soup available :). Take care, your blog is great and gives me a taste of your life in Nov(sp??). Ben sure has a cute personality by the pictures and stories. Peace & Merry Christmas! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  17. From Ella Runestad:

    "Ben, you are so cute! I like it when you giggle because you look so cute when you're giggling. I wanted to send this message because I want you to send one back. Could you please send one back? One more thing, I made a gingerbread house at school. You should come see it. Bye for now. I'll send another one later. Your friend Ella"

    Leo says "I like Ben and food and apples and pepperoni and peanuts and that and that and that."

    Eric says get well soon. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been waiting all day to post to see if I could figure that picture out - just knowing you'd have mercy and grant me the winner if I did. However, I cannot figure it out. Even with all the tools of the world wide web at my finger tips I'm still coming up short. Ah well.

    It is 6 p.m. and we're just about to have a Christmas prayer and communion service. So I'll think about you waking up in an hour or so and pray that Ben will be with you tonight and your little frat boy dorm/hotel room will feel less like a hotel and more like a home!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  19. the Russian version of White Castle?

    Hello Ed and Linda, I've checking the blog everyday and even forwarding it to random people (Vern Boyum?) just so they can share the experience.

    Anyway, all is well here, Bart has been getting a lot of exercise (skiing and running away from Baron and Lincoln) and I haven't had any calls from the dupe, so I assume that it is still standing.

    Bye for now,

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ed and Linda,
    I am checking in. I love reading what you write--even though I am always a bit behind.

    Linda we missed you at book club, but all were rejoicing that you are in Russia and headed home soon.

    I love you three.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey guys,

    Just wanted to drop a note and let you know - I sent you our Christmas Card (PDF version) to your usinternet email in case you wanted to read it.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete