Thursday, December 13, 2007

Travel Plans

Before I even start let me say:
Come on Ahlgrims!! Where are those Bears votes!!

Okay, now that I have that out of my system, let me share with you our travel plans. Our 10 days are up on Thursday the 20th. We get our court papers on the 21st. Once we get them, Nina, our interpreter, has 2-3 days worth of paperwork to do. She is going to try to get it done in just one day. We are still staying in Novosirsk over the weekend, but are now planning to head to Moscow on Monday morning, rather than waiting until the 26th. This will allow us to leave Moscow on the 28th rather than the 30th, and we have a flight out of Amsterdam that same day. That gets us home 3 days early!!

Now, for some cultural silliness. This entry doesn't really warrant the title "cultural snaphot," but I'll get some of those in, too, in the coming days.

As we were waiting for the train out of the Siberian forest at a little station in the middle of nowhere, a single engine drove slowly by. Ed started pumping his arm up and down. (Do you remember doing that to passing trucks when you were a kid?) To my great surprise, the engineer then blew the train whistle!! I guess there are some gestures that are universal. Nina and I were cracking up.

1 comment:

  1. Love the hats! Linda looks beautiful in those fur hats! Fun to see the insides of the stores in the backgrounds of the photos. Is Christmas a big deal in Siberia? This blog is just great! ...jan

    ReplyDelete