We're off to Moscow tomorrow. We have a late morning flight and get into Moscow around mid-afternoon. It's been a pleasure getting to know Novosibirsk, and though we're anxious to leave, we feel really fortunate to have spent so much time here with Benjamin and his hometown. The people we've worked with here are a treasure and we hope to see them again some day.
Here's the hard news for you all. We have no idea when we'll be able to update this blog again. We've heard the internet access in Moscow is terribly expensive and/or hard to find. One of our friends from our first trip to Russia went through Moscow last week with their new son, they're constantly blogging their story too, and they went through Moscow last week.
We have a lot to do to get ready to leave tomorrow. We have lots of luggage and now we have to fit a little boy in somewhere.
You know he's really not as little as we thought. He's already filling out a fair share of the clothes we brought along and the bigger clothing, which we almost left home, looks just about right. We're also finding that our arm strength is being seriously put to the test. I'm sure all of you experienced parents out there know what it's like to have all that active weight in your arms. I forgot how much heat a kid can put out too, not to mention some of the other stuff he puts out. Did I just go there? Sorry. I told Linda I wasn't going to document any bathroom situations, but that was pretty close.
I'm off to our room. He's probably ready for dinner. Food seems to be the answer to all his problems. I wonder how long he'll keep it up.
There's some new pictures on the post below, and here's another one.

First!
ReplyDelete9:16 pm here, am there. I can't believe there aren't any comments yet.
Well it sounds like your first days together have been wonderful - despite the lack of sleep for you two. Its fun to picture him cuddling up with his mom and dad.
ReplyDeleteI'll feel a bit of blog update withdrawal here, but it will make it all the better to see you, hopefully on the 27th!!
Love and Merry Christmas, Sara
Hi, I am having trouble getting my comments to post. Just wrote you one that didn't record. Can't wait for you to get home. Good luck with the schedule thing and the jet lag. When you get home you will have a stroller and then your arms will get a rest. Merry Christmas.
ReplyDeleteLogged on this morning but forgot to comment. Excited to tell Dad you were coming on the 27th. I read this many times a day. Hopefully your plane trips will work into his schedule for sleep but I guess all little kids avoid sleep if they can. Too many new things for him to see and do with his Mommy and Daddy. Luv ya. Can't wait to see you all.
ReplyDeleteHello Everyone! If anyone hears Ed and Linda are due in to Mpls could you please post it to this site? We are hoping to come from Pville to greet them but don't know if they'll get a chance to post their arrival. Maybe we can keep each other posted.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Michelle
Great to hear all is going well! We will see you ALL shortly! Don't worry about the arm strength thing - it builds up quickly! Happy Holidays to your new family!
ReplyDeleteHi, By now you should be in Moscow. Hope all went as you hoped. It is cold and windy here with a few flakes of snow in the air.
ReplyDeleteBill, Lincoln and Bart are all sound asleep (10 am) on the hide-a-bed in the basement. It's a pretty funny picture.
We sure will be hoping to hear from you. Mom
MERRY CHRISTMAS Ed, Linda, and Ben
ReplyDeleteHappiness, blessings, and hugs to you this first family Christmas.