For me, most of Day 9 was spent in bed. My healthy day on Tuesday must have been the calm before the storm. I had a lot of sinus pain and a low fever all day. Nina arranged to have a doctor visit last night. I was nervous like a kid for this visit! I think I was envisioning some stern, large, Russian man. I am not sure where I got that Russian doctor stereotype, but he was a perfectly nice, normal guy. It was a little weird having a doctor exam in a hotel room, but Ed was there and all in all everything was just fine.
He prescribed me a whole bunch of medicine from my nose, ears and throat. Most importantly, he declared that I am not contagious and we definitely get Ben tomorrow. By the time he came – actually, I think just minutes before he came – my fever left. That really was an answered prayer. For the most part I am feeling fine again and am ready to take on our energetic son!
Love,
Linda

Oh Happy Day! I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm glad that Ben is energetic. I'm glad that he's in search of his Mommy. I'm glad his Daddy is capable of keeping an eye on him. All good things. I hope they keep coming. Sara
ReplyDeleteDefinitely the best news. You will have Ben tomorrow and become a family. So glad you are feeling better and hopefully the medicine will help for the trip home. We can't wait to see you all. Ben looks like a bundle of energy.
ReplyDeleteLove Mom and Dad too
I had lunch with my two girlfriends from 1st grade today and took them pictures and some of the blog pages. They also enjoyed reading about your experiences. Sherry too. She couldn't sign up from her computer but she says she enjoys reading everyday.
I just read your message about today and here I sit - with tears in my eyes. True, it doesn't take much to make me well up but this is all really beautiful - all of it.
ReplyDeleteAnna
Hurray! You guys have been troopers through all of this waiting. So little of it left. Boy is he going to love being your son! He has no idea of the joy he is in for.
ReplyDeleteWe are thinking of you always. Blessings,
Tricia
First of all, Linda very glad to hear you are feeling better. Very cool to hear that while you were down and out that they at least they let Ed visit little Ben. Hey, question for you? Does Ben know that his name is Ben? Does he respond to it? Just curious.
ReplyDeleteI am sure you are all ready to come home. I just can't even fathom how cool it's going to be for you guys to have him in YOUR home...HIS home. (oooh gives me chills)
Thank you so much for sharing this experience with all of us. I know it's extremely personal, but also very joyous. We head West today so I want to wish you all the very Merriest of Christmas's ever and a the BEST New Year imaginable. How can it not be?? Travel safely, stay warm and healthy. XOXO
Lisa