Monday, December 17, 2007

No Ben on Day 7

Well, I regret to say that Benjamin is not with us this evening. At the ballet last night I didn’t conceal my aching head quite well enough – and Nina knew I was not feeling well. She called today and said that the doctor had asked her if Ed and I were healthy. She had to tell the doctor that I was not completely healthy and the doctor said that we could not take Ben today.

I suppose it is for the best. The last thing I want to do is pass anything to Ben. The doctor said that these kids don’t have strong immune systems because they are so rarely outside the baby home. We want what is best for Ben, so we’ll wait. I am feeling much better today, so maybe tomorrow will be the day.

This afternoon we rearranged our room a bit and had a crib brought in. Boy, you really don’t want to move furniture around in a hotel too much! It is pretty scary to see what is underneath. We have a pretty tiny room with two single beds and many small dressers that take up a bunch of space. It has more of a dorm room feel than a hotel. In fact, it is more like a frat house dorm room. I'll leave it at that.

Ed did some grocery shopping and we are now all stocked up on toddler food. At least I hope we are. It's hard to tell what's what when you can't read a single label. It will be interesting! I hung out at the hotel all day. Hopefully one day of no cold air will make for a quick recovery.

More cultural silliness: Some 7th grade humor for your morning. Occasionally we turn on the Russian version of MTV. A popular commercial is for the American gum Hubba Bubba. Here they pronounce it Hooba Booba. Occasionally Ed or I might say "Hooba Booba" out of the blue when we need a laugh.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Linda (and Ed) - I hope you get better soon. I woke up feeling pretty sick myself. Somehow it feels better to know that I beat mom to the blog posting though!

    Ben will be with you soon! Yipeee! What day are you on now, 7 or 8? Soon Soon Soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Hope it doesn't last long andyou will soon be feeling better. Better to gain your strength back since you will need your energy to keep up with Ben.
    Have you been taking anything - is it a cold? Take care of yoruself and rest up. Hope you got the e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling the best. It sounds like you are doing what you can to get better. Things will turn around.

    Ben looks so happy in all the pictures and so do the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad wants to know how you know what a "Frat Dorm Room" looks like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are so great...taking everything as it comes and making the most of it. Ben is blessed to have such positive and happy parents!
    "Hooba Booba" is pretty darn funny...fun to picture you guys giggling about that in your frat dorm room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe I'm going to be #6. Guess I'll have to get up earlier. Hope you sleep well and feel better tomorrow. Dad is at Cardiac rehab and I am going to work for a while. Then we are heading to Mpls and U of M tomorrow. Love the pictures and the "cultural comments." Thanks Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooba Booba Ed and Linda! Finally, Russian words I can pronounce... So sorry the cold bug has you feeling bad. Everyone I know here in Minnesota seems to have some kind of cold. Ask Ed to run to the local market and buy you some суп цыпленка if he can prodounce it (even Russians recommend chicken soup for colds). Take care, ...jan

    ReplyDelete