Sunday, December 9, 2007

We're in Novosibirsk

Well after a long trip we're here. Our plane landed Sunday morning at about 5:30 am Novosibirsk time. That's 5:30 pm CST. We were greeted by our two contacts, Nina our interpreter, and Gendrich our reprensatitive. They filled us in on all the "goings on" of this trip, and we did the best we could to take it all in. They got us straight off to our hotel where we checked in and got a good couple of hours of rest followed by breakfast and a shower.

We are now sitting down in the lounge of the hotel, getting a little www time in before we meet a court representative/translator at 2:00. She'll go over the whole court process with us, and then we'll meet Nina and go to the baby home around 3:30, TO SEE BEN! Benjamin will get his passport photo taken today. So we hope to get him styling before the big picture.

Our trip was pretty uneventful really so that was nice. All planes were on time, and all baggage managed to find us on the other end. We sat behind a real "lovey-dovey" couple on the way from Amsterdam to Moscow. Their affections seemed to intensify as the trip wore on the bottle of whiskey was consumed. The flight attendant told them it was not proper to "byob." So they were slighty a little more discrete after that, with their alcohol consumption that is. Their love for each other was expressed with rapid fire kisses from time to time and much running of the hands through the hair and other "PDAs."

Anyway, Linda can't believe I'm typing so much, and quite frankly neither can I. I mean this is really "journaling," and as much as Sara and Martha like to do that, I've always snubbed that.

Perhaps we'll check in again before we go to bed again tonight and even upload a picture of Ben.

Love from Novosibirsk!
Ed and Linda

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm SO glad you are doing this blog- it makes me feel like I'm with you just a little bit! :-) Praying that all goes smoothly and you'll soon be home with your son (!!!!!). Will check this every day, so keep us posted! Love, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on journaling brother! (and sister!) You could never write too much . . . actually, I'd like to hear more about the PDA couple.

    Is it cold there? Snow?

    Can't wait to hear more about Ben and the journey. (really, I could care less about PDA couple.)

    ReplyDelete